Zucchini has many health benefits as it’s rich in antioxidants, nutrients, and contributes to healthy digestion. When this vegetable is in season, it is a perfect time to bake zucchini chips. They are healthy and convenient, because the recipe doesn’t require much effort, just your patience.
This recipe will come in handy if you’re looking for low-carb snack ideas or if you just want to spice up your diet with delicious but still healthy meals.
How to Make Zucchini Chips
Here are some tips that will help you achieve better results when you’re baking zucchini chips:
- The slices should be as thin as possible.
- Press out the excess liquid from the zucchini before cooking them.
- Let the chips slightly cool before removing them from the parchment paper.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup (125 g) wheat flour
- olive oil to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the zucchini into thin slices. Mandolin works best for this purpose but you can also use a knife. Pat the slices dry with a paper towel. For better results you can lightly sprinkle them with salt, set them aside for several minutes and then press out the liquid with paper towels. In this case don’t add more salt in the next step.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dredge the zucchini slices in flour. Place them on the sheet. Drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle each slice with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake the chips in the oven preheated to 400 °F (200 °C) for 25 minutes or until they are golden-brown and look crunchy.
- Let the chips cool down. Remove them from the baking sheet and serve with your favorite sauce. Bon appetit!
We hope that you’ll try this delicious low-carb snack on your next movie night. Feel free to experiment with spices and dips. And, as always, share your experience in the comment section!